Our Aviation and Aerospace business line leverages over 20 years of PSM’s experience in designing, developing and manufacturing service solutions for high-technology, heavy-duty gas turbines used in the global power generation industry.
Whether providing thrust for an aircraft or generating electricity in a power plant, PSM’s approach and commitment to finding innovative solutions for our customers remains our top priority. Operating from our 200,000 sq. ft. global headquarters based in Jupiter, FL with half this footprint dedicated to our Manufacturing and Repair Workshop, PSM employs an integrated, globally-focused service model leveraging state-of-the-art equipment, extensive industry expertise and dedicated engineering resources to support new parts manufacturing and repair for the aviation industry.
PSM has a well established Quality Management System (QMS) and has maintained it’s ISO 9001 certification since 2002. PSM is currently certified to the ISO 9001:2015 standard by Lloyd’s Register.
Since late 2018, PSM has been actively pursuing all the administrative and regulatory qualifications to become a new parts manufacturer and service provider in the Aviation Industry. In mid-2019, PSM achieved its AS9100D & BS EN ISO9100:2015 certification through National Quality Assurance Limited(NQA) .
Additionally, PSM maintains a government Cage Code and is ITAR Registered which enables PSM to actively bid on government and military contracts.
Design & Engineering
With over 150 engineers on staff with years of aerospace experience, PSM offers a full suite of engineering services that supports development initiatives for OEM manufacturers, MROs and the USAF.
Engineering Services include:
- Reverse engineering and manufacturing of legacy products
- Engineering and manufacturing of durability and performance upgrades
- Updating specifications and drawings to latest materials, coatings and manufacturing techniques
- Designing and manufacturing specialty products for the industry such as instrumentation probes, development and prototype engine hardware.
- Root cause analyses of engine component distress and failures.
- Metallurgical Analysis
- Structural Design & Analysis
- Mechanical Design & AnalysisThermal Design & Analysis
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Combustion System Design & Analysis
- Secondary Flow Design & Analysis
- Engine Performance Analysis
- Modal Analysis
- Product Definition
- Aerodynamic Analysis
- Combustion Mapping
- Engine Instrumentation
- Dimensional Evaluation & Analysis
- Program Management
- Manufacturing Support
New Parts Manufacturing & Repair
Our engineering staff works side-by-side with the operations team, from development to delivery, to ensure all processes consistently yield a quality product.
The PSM Jupiter, FL Manufacturing and Repair Workshop offers the following equipment and services:
- 3, 4 and 5 axis CNC mills
- Wire, Plunge and Fast Hole CNC EDM
- CNC grinding
- Large format horizontal boring mill
- Manual lathes and mills
- (2) Vacuum furnaces
- Air circulating furnace
- Fluoride Ion Cleaning (FIC)
- Brazing services (including honeycomb)
- Laser cladding and Laser welding
- TIG, MIG and resistance welding
- (2) Coating booths – HVOF, APS, Dual Wire Arc
- Chemical stripping of MCrAlY Coatings, and ultrasonic and hot water wash cleaning
- Media and bead blast
- Vibratory finishing
- NDT: FPI, digital x-ray, eddy current, ultrasonic inspection, airflow and moment weigh
- metallurgical Lab - Comprehensive metallurgical analysis, failure analysis/fractography, and scanning electron microscopy
- Metrology Lab - Blue light scanning and CMM
Looking for Brochure Downloads?
Find additional information regarding PSM's Products and Services on our Media page, under the Brochure Downloads section.