Our new Aviation and Aerospace business line leverages over 20 years of PSM’s experience in designing, developing and manufacturing service solutions for high-technology heavy-duty gas turbines used in the global power generation industry.
Whether providing thrust for an aircraft or generating electricity in a power plant, PSM’s approach and commitment to finding innovative solutions for our customer’s gas turbine assets remains our top priority.
PSM has a well established Quality Management System (QMS) and has maintained it’s ISO 9001 certification since 2002. PSM is currently certified to the ISO 9001:2015 standard by Lloyd’s Register.
Since late 2018, PSM has been actively pursuing all the administrative and regulatory qualifications to become a new parts manufacturer and service provider in the Aviation Industry. In mid-2019, PSM achieved its AS9100D & BS EN ISO9100:2015 certification through National Quality Assurance Limited(NQA) .
Additionally, PSM maintains a government Cage Code and is ITAR Registered which enables PSM to actively bid on government and military contracts.
Design & Engineering
With over 150 engineers on staff with years of aerospace experience, PSM offers a full suite of engineering services that supports development initiatives for OEM manufacturers, MROs and the USAF.
Engineering Services include:
- Reverse engineering and manufacturing of legacy products
- Engineering and manufacturing of durability and performance upgrades
- Updating specifications and drawings to latest materials, coatings and manufacturing techniques
- Designing and manufacturing specialty products for the industry such as instrumentation probes, development and prototype engine hardware.
- Root cause analyses of engine component distress and failures.
- Metallurgical Analysis
- Structural Design & Analysis
- Mechanical Design & AnalysisThermal Design & Analysis
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Combustion System Design & Analysis
- Secondary Flow Design & Analysis
- Engine Performance Analysis
- Modal Analysis
- Product Definition
- Aerodynamic Analysis
- Combustion Mapping
- Engine Instrumentation
- Dimensional Evaluation & Analysis
- Program Management
- Manufacturing Support
New Parts Manufacturing & Repair
Our engineering staff works side-by-side with the operations team, from development to delivery, to ensure all processes consistently yield a quality product.
The PSM Jupiter, FL Manufacturing and Repair Workshop offers the following equipment and services:
- 3, 4 and 5 axis CNC mills
- Wire, Plunge and Fast Hole CNC EDM
- CNC grinding
- Large format horizontal boring mill
- Manual lathes and mills
- (2) Vacuum furnaces
- Air circulating furnace
- Fluoride Ion Cleaning (FIC)
- Brazing services (including honeycomb)
- Laser cladding and Laser welding
- TIG, MIG and resistance welding
- (2) Coating booths – HVOF, APS, Dual Wire Arc
- Chemical stripping of MCrAlY Coatings, and ultrasonic and hot water wash cleaning
- Media and bead blast
- Vibratory finishing
- NDT: FPI, digital x-ray, eddy current, ultrasonic inspection, airflow and moment weigh
- metallurgical Lab - Comprehensive metallurgical analysis, failure analysis/fractography, and scanning electron microscopy
- Metrology Lab - Blue light scanning and CMM